Emergency Drainage Lancashire
When it comes to blocked drains, ECO does it all.
- domestic and commercial drain unblocking
- 24-hour service
- no call-out charge
- regional emergency drainage service
- latest technology and equipment
- drainage engineer trained via City & Guilds’ programme
- accredited to all industry standards
- trustworthy and personable service
We provide a local drain clearing service, day or night, wherever you are in the region.
Spotting a blocked drain
- SMELL: the easiest symptom to recognise
- SINK DRAINAGE: water takes longer than usual to drain from your sink
- TOILET DRAINAGE: water rises or almost overflows after flushing
- NOISES: gurgling sounds from the plughole
Keeping Your Drains Clear
Blockages are often caused by a build-up of silt, sewage and general debris. Sometimes it’s a result of household objects shoved down the loo. You wouldn’t believe the things we find — cutlery, children’s toys, toothbrushes, pets (yes really), money, jewellery — even a gun. Always remember that fat, oil and grease (FOG) and nappies, wipes and sanitary products should never be flushed.
Drain and sewers - who is responsible?
It’s confusing for householders. Unless you have a detailed knowledge of your underground drainage system, it can be difficult to identify exactly which is a sewer and which is a drain, who owns which bit — and, ultimately, who to call when there’s a blockage.