Emergency Drainage Lancashire

Emergency Drainage Lancashire

When it comes to blocked drains, ECO does it all.

  • domestic and commercial drain unblocking
  • 24-hour service
  • no call-out charge
  • regional emergency drainage service
  • latest technology and equipment
  • drainage engineer trained via City & Guilds’ programme
  • accredited to all industry standards
  • trustworthy and personable service

We provide a local drain clearing service, day or night, wherever you are in the region.

Spotting a blocked drain

  1. SMELL: the easiest symptom to recognise
  2. SINK DRAINAGE: water takes longer than usual to drain from your sink
  3. TOILET DRAINAGE: water rises or almost overflows after flushing
  4. NOISES: gurgling sounds from the plughole

Keeping Your Drains Clear

Acting as soon as you notice any of the signs may avoid the horror of a full sewage spill in your property. Taking extra care with what you put down the drains in the first place is the key to avoiding problems in the future.

Blockages are often caused by a build-up of silt, sewage and general debris. Sometimes it’s a result of household objects shoved down the loo. You wouldn’t believe the things we find — cutlery, children’s toys, toothbrushes, pets (yes really), money, jewellery — even a gun. Always remember that fat, oil and grease (FOG) and nappies, wipes and sanitary products should never be flushed.

Drain and sewers - who is responsible?

Responsibility for private sewers or lateral drains (the section which joins a property directly to the main) changed in October 2011, when the Government transferred ownership to the water and sewerage companies (WaSCs) (see DEFRA Consultation). Since then, individuals are no longer responsible for private sewers shared with another property owner or the part of the drain that lies outside the property boundary.

It’s confusing for householders. Unless you have a detailed knowledge of your underground drainage system, it can be difficult to identify exactly which is a sewer and which is a drain, who owns which bit — and, ultimately, who to call when there’s a blockage.

Talk to ECO Drainage first. We’ll tell you whether the affected pipe is yours or belongs to your WaSC. That way you’ll know what to do next.

Related posts

Leave a Reply